How do I set my own default search criteria?
Default Search Criteria
When you first open one of the standard Matrix searches notice that the default selection is Active. You can set your own default search criteria according to how you usually search. For example, let's say you usually search for Active A-Frame houses in the 1, 2, 3 and 4 areas.
- Ensure that "Active" is selected in the Status box. Click in the Area box and type "1" on your keyboard. Holding down the "Ctrl" key on your keyboard, click Areas 2, 3 and 4. In the Style box, click to select "A-Frame."
- To save your new default settings, click on the gear icon on the top right of the search screen next to the "per page" settings. Three options will appear. Click on the first one: "Set currently selected search criteria as my starting default".
- Every time you return to this search, your default criteria will be preselected for you so that you don't have to redo this each time. Note that you must set your default criteria for each different search you use.
- If you occasionally need to do something different than your default, simply make the criteria changes on the screen for this search session.
- To remove all criteria, including the original system default criteria, click the broom "Clear" button on the bottom left of the page in the shaded grey bar to start fresh.
- The original system defaults are available to you as the third option under the gear icon: "Reset to the system defaults".